- “MANRS” refers to the initiative on Internet security entitled “Mutually Agreed Norms for Routing Security,” as more particularly described at (https://www.manrs.org).
- “MANRS Observatory” is theonline application providinginformation on various metrics of Internet security and routing maintained by the Internet Society, as more particularly described at https://observatory.manrs.org/#/about.
- “Network-level aggregated data”means MANRS readiness scores for individual networks (Autonomous Systems).
- “De-identified network-level aggregated data” means information about network MANRS readiness scores that does not identify a specific network.
- “Observatory User” means any entity or person that accesses the MANRS Observatory application.
- “MANRS Participant” means an operator of a fixed line network, wireless network, IXP or other communications network that has joined and participates in the MANRS initiative (https://www.manrs.org).Each MANRS Participant operates one or more Autonomous Systems.
Subject to the terms and conditions contained herein, the Internet Society hereby grants to each Observatory User a limited, non-exclusive, license to accessthe MANRS Observatory. The Internet Society reserves the right to change the availability of any feature, function, or content relating to the MANRS Observatory at any time, without notice or liability.
Observatory User will not (and will not enable any third party to) make any use or disclosure of any information derived from theMANRS Observatory that is not expressly permitted under these terms and conditions. Without limiting the foregoing, unless expressly permitted hereunder, Observatory Userwill not (and will not enable any third party to): (i) modify, adapt, translate, or reproduce any information derived from theMANRS Observatory; (ii) resell, distribute, or sublicense any information derived from the MANRS Observatory;or (iii) use any data derived from the MANRS Observatory in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy set forth in Section 4 below.
- Each Observatory Usercovenants and agrees that it shall use any information derived from MANRS Observatoryonly for purposes of promoting routingsecurityor MANRS, such as presentations, technical workshops and tutorials,and not for any other purpose.
- The Observatory User, who is granted accessto network-level aggregated data (registered accounts), can only share this information in de-identified form.
- Each MANRS Participantis permitted (i) to shareinformation about its own network’s security and routing, including the relevant readiness score, within its own companyand publicly; (ii) to share network-level aggregated data with other MANRS participants; and (iii)to sharenetwork-level de-identifieddata publicly in presentations and other activities aimed at improving routing security and promoting MANRS.
While the Internet Society and the partners that provide data for the MANRS Observatory are constantly working on improving the accuracy of the measurements, because of the nature of the measurements, it is challenging to eliminate false positives and false negatives. Accordingly,the data presented in the MANRS Observatory cannot be used solely to assert aParticipatingNetwork Operator’srole in a specific routing incident, and is provided for informational purposes only.The information provided through the MANRS Observatory is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. THE INTERNET SOCIETYMAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BYTHE MANRS OBSERVATORY AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED OPERATION.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE INTERNET SOCIETYBE LIABLE TO AN OBSERVATORY USER (OR ANY OTHER PARTY CLAIMING RIGHTS THROUGH SUCH PARTY) FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS) ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO INFORMATION DERIVED FROMMANRS OBSERVATORY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED, HAD OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT KNEW OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. THE INTERNET SOCIETY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR DIRECT DAMAGES UNDER THIS THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL NOTEXCEED $1000.